Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our little ballerina

It has been a couple of weeks since the last update, so I guess it's time again.

Rustin got snowed in at Sioux Falls for two days and two nights, one of them happening to be our 3rd anniversary. So Grace and I had a romantic evening at home :) We celebrated a day later by eating out at Bella Cocina. I can hardly believe we are already on our 3rd year.

Last Thursday Susan and Erica came up to visit. They helped a little at the store and then we made homemade pizza for supper. Things just weren't mixing, cooking right so it was more a midnight snack. On Friday we lazed around until Rustin got home from his pig run and then we headed to the Cities. Grace talked all day about going swimming, she even wanted to wear her suit around the house. I decided it was too cold for that. We arrived in time for a stuffing Perkins supper and then we swam for a couple of hours. She loved it and I was glad to work off some supper.

On Saturday we met the UofI/ISU young groups at a tubing hill in Eagan, MN. Grace was reluctant after her first time down, but soon she was heading down by herself in a tube. Where was her mother? I think I was warming up inside. When I first heard it I freaked out, but then I stood at the bottom and realized she did fine. We went to the Mall of America in the afternoon for an hour and then headed back to church for a Mexican Fiesta. Great Food!!! We sang in Spanish and then went to the Dill's for the evening. Grace loved playing with their dog, Nan. She did get a little upset when she claims she dropped her apple (but we think she did it on purpose) and Nan took off with it. Thankfully there was popcorn readily available for Grace to feed Nan. We spent the night at Duane and Bonnie Rocke's and Grace slept great once she got there. We have been having sleeping issues lately.

On Sunday after we said our good-byes we stopped a few places and headed home. We were exhausted when we got there so we all went to bed. What a great weekend!

And now for the post title. I don't think she's my daughter. I don't have those moves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some cute grooving!! So you say that comes from Rustin? Congrats. on a new little one in August! Love, Aunt Karen