Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Visitors


Grace and Maria


The week between Christmas and New Year's went by really fast. We finished up Christmases, and Michelle came up on Tuesday. Grace likes it when 'Chelle' comes. We went shopping all day Wednesday. I'm pretty sure Grace was sick of shopping by the end of the day. Thursday I had to work all day so Michelle went to visit cousin Amber. We went to New Year's service in the evening and stayed up till 2:30 talking. We had a few people over, but they left at 1:30. I don't know what I was thinking because going to bed at 2:30 and waking up at 8 don't go well for me. Tom, Dale, Meg, and Maria arrived at 12:30. Grace immediately took a liking to 'Ria' and was very aware of where she was at all times. Over the course of the day we played many games of Euchre and Monopoly Deal. I realized if we are ever a family of 8 a dish-washer will be a must. As you can see in the video we put together our little jumper thing. Grace likes it better now than at 6 mos. While Maria was in it was the only time Grace was fussing around.






We went to the store and to Rustin's truck on Saturday morning. The guys decided it was a good thing they didn't go ice-fishing this weekend since it was -teens the entire time. They'll have to come up some warm winter:) They left Saturday after lunch to head back to the Cities, and the rest of us crashed for the afternoon. We ate Pizza Hut that night and watched the annual classic 'Christmas Vacation.' Michelle left Sunday morning to pick the Koch's up in the Cities and we are now visitorless for a week. We hardly know what to do with ourselves. I guess laundry keeps calling my name! We are looking forward to Susan coming up next week.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love it! "Pitaboo! Piboodoo!" I was laughing out loud hearing Grace play peekaboo. What a cutie! :D

zheng said...

Grace and Maria so lovely