Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Belated Happy Valentine's and President's Day




I thought I'd start off by showing you what Grace and Rustin do in their spare time when I'm not around. I found several interesting pictures on the camera when I was uploading others. At least they have fun together!



Church serving went smoothly. I had great help and could hardly believe it when it was over. Unfortunately it was a small Sunday so there was lots left over. The guys at Trico were the beneficiaries of much of it.



For Valentine's Day Rustin and I went to the Fellowship Hall for the "Love Supper." It was put on by some dear friends of ours. There were 100 of us for the meal. Afterwards we played some table games, sang, and listened to a few speakers on love - mainly God's love. There was a lot of time and effort put into the evening and we enjoyed it immensely.

Grace received her first Valentines from Emerson and Abbi. Emerson also gave her a huge lollipop. She took one lick, threw it on the floor, and it broke into many pieces. I decided that she might appreciate them more in the future.

On President's Day I decided to be adventurous in my cooking (not because it was President's Day.) I marinated some pork all day in teryaki sauce. I later sauteed the veggies and boiled-in-a-bag the rice. This was my first attempt at cooking and eating stir-fry. We decided this meal could be added to the list of Rustin acceptable meals. Here's a pic of the final product.



Since I've been talking up Grace's walking for so long, I put on a video so you can enjoy. She still is a little tipsy, but please note that she can walk and drink at the same time!

I tried to get her to say uh-oh spagettios, but she wasn't interested. If you ask her to say hi on the phone she'll say it for you.
This week I started cleaning the Hancock Community Center. Why...I'm not sure, but it will be a little extra spending (ha-ha) cash. It's only once every two weeks, so not too time consumming.
If anyone is in need of an antique upright piano, give me a call. I've had a few bites from Craig's List, but no offers to drive to Hancock and seriously look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me tired, you and all your jobs!
Love, Laura