Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Time Flies On

The time really does fly by. Sometimes I wonder where it goes. It seems like it has only been a couple days since I updated my blog rather than a week. The Garage Sale was a success. 25 garages were on the map for the Hancock townwides. Kara Messner and Susie Wulf brought some of their things and stayed to help me, so I was able to shop around for a little bit also. I just love garage saling; especially when I find good deals. I bought a wheel barrow and a fertilizer spreader and Rustin found a sledge hammer. We only have a couple boxes left to take to Salvation Army, so I say the sale was a success.

Last week Rustin and I were working on a retaining wall for our friends Mark and Lori. It was again on the outside of a cement pad to hold the gravel in. I was feeling pretty proud of myself that the wall was fairly level until I got to the end and the block was 2.5 inches above the concrete. Then my intelligent husband made the comment that the driveway sloped 2.5 inches. The little things I don't take into consideration! So, we went back about 12 feet and gradually sloped the wall so that it butted up to the driveway. Someday I'll learn my lesson and not jump into a project without looking at all angles.

This week I have been working on a lady's landscape in Hancock. It was a pile of weeds and perennials that she didn't want anymore. She told me to clean it up and put in something she won't have to touch. The only thing I can think of is decorative rock, but I don't think that is what she had in mind. I put in a couple of bushes and brick edge, and today I will finish up by putting in the rock. Yesterday it was upper 80's and today it is 65 so there must be something going through.

I became an aunt again on Mother's Day. Eric and ReKeeta had a little girl in the afternoon. They named her Abigail Lisa Leman. I haven't seen a picture of her yet so I can't share what she looks like. I'm sure she is cute though. I am excited because I will get to see her while I am in Illinois. The rest of the week looks like cleaning the house and finishing up a few ID and trimming jobs. I plan to leave on Friday when Rustin goes to work. So hopefully I will see many of you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up, it helps us keep up with what is happening in your life. I am always giving Steph a hard time about updating hers so I will do the same for you because we really do like reading it. Hope to see you this weekend . Love, Aunt Karen

Dawn Massner said...

Hey Sharon, I am looking forward to seeing you next weekend in Morrison. JR said she saw you at Franks tonight. Looks like the landscaping is still keeping you busy. Talk to you soon!

Dawn