Thursday, March 1, 2007

Life in Minnesota

Hello everyone!
After almost 2 months of being married, I am finally starting my blog. The past 2 months have been spent: putting wedding gifts away
getting rid of Rustin's 'treasures' (don't worry, I haven't been too mean!
finding places for all of my junk
cleaning
I am beginning to feel like a real housewife. Every day he comes home for lunch, or if you're in MN - dinner, so I get to cook 2 meals a day. Lots of times he gets leftovers for lunch, but he doesn't mind. The last two weeks we have been housesitting/babysitting a family from church. After watching 2 high-schoolers and 1 grade-schooler, we have decided that we are glad we are kidless so far. They are way busier than we are used to. As of today we have 18 inches of snow and it looks like we could get around a foot more. I'm glad to be indoors most of the time. At least when it is snowing (in March) the temp. stays around freezing. I never really understood what -30 meant until I experienced it. We haven't even been too house-bound. We just put on 4 wheel drive and plow through. Since the house is finally starting to look in order, I am starting to put out resumes and maybe get a job. I am looking for a flexible job that I can do some landscaping on the side in the summer. Rustin tells me good luck, but we'll see. Since I do such a horrible job of emailing, this will be the best way to keep up with my life. unless you call me!
Take Care!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Yea! I get to leave the first comment on Sharon's blog. Sounds like you are finally getting an Illinois winter up north. Good to see you will be keeping us posted on your life....We would hate to forget about you!

Take care,

Greg

Dean Beutel said...

Sharon, I will reading your blog quite frequently since I have Steph's to check also. Keep it up!! I love hearing about what you are doing. Love, Aunt Karen

Mike said...

Hey Sharon, This is my first blog. Oh I feel so 'with it':) It's good to hear about the 'wilderness' you call home now. It sounds like you are making yourself at home. Cooking two meals a day? I think it love!!! We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Tell Hi to Rustin for us. L, Aunt Mike