Monday, November 12, 2007

Grace Anna Schmidgall

Born Nov. 7, 2007 7#2oz. 19.5in. 12:39pm
Grace smiling at her Dad
Grace and me (you can tell I'm a little drugged)
Grace holding hands with her first boyfriend, Emerson Reuter.

(I think the Dads lended a helping hand.)


It has been an interesting 5 days. On Tues. I woke with labor pains and had them 10 min. apart all day. We went to the hospital at 9:30 that night and had an "enjoyable" night. The Doc came in at 7 Wed. morning and broke my water. From then till 12:39 pm I won't go into detail, but 'labor' is definitely an accurate term. The placenta separated from the U-cord so Doc had to knock me out and remove it. I ended up staying an extra day at the hospital because of this. We went home on Sat. afternoon. Grace is a good baby. She eats and sleeps, alot! It's hard to imagine life before her. There is never a dull moment with a baby around.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rustin & Sharon,

What a cutie...I mean Grace! Thanks for the update and photos. Is there a hospital website with her hospital photo? Enjoy the sweetness of a newborn... even those 2 am feedings!

Congratulations and God bless,
3 Baers

Anonymous said...

Rustin & Sharon,

What a cutie...I mean Grace! Thanks for the update and photos. Is there a hospital website with her hospital photo? Enjoy the sweetness of a newborn... even those 2 am feedings!

Congratulations and God bless,
3 Baers

Anonymous said...

Rustin & Sharon,

Your baby is beautiful... Congratulations and I will be praying that the adjustment to having a new baby in the house goes smoothly as I'm sure it will.

Love,
Rizo

Greg said...

We are so happy for you! We had our first sonogram today...WOW....God's work is amazing! Hope everything is still going well for you.

Love,

Greg & Mary

Anonymous said...

3 Baers

Our hospital is too small to have a website for babies.
Sorry, you will have to do with the blog.

Rustin and Sharon

Anonymous said...

Rustin & Sharon,

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable! And what a cute name. I can't wait to see this lil one!

Love and prayers,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Congrats and God bless!

Love,
Carrie and Akihiro

Anonymous said...

Anna is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to meet her! Loren says "thank goodness there is finally another girl for great-grandma to dote on!" :)

Love,
Heather, Jay & Loren

Anonymous said...

Grace Anna is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to meet her! Loren says "thank goodness there is finally another girl for great-grandma to dote on!" :)

Love,
Heather, Jay & Loren

Anonymous said...

So excited for you. I am sure you are glad the labor is behind you and now you can concentrate on enjoying your little Grace Anna. She looks like a keeper. Look forward to seeing her and you guys too sometime, maybe at Christmas. Love, Aunt Karen