Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Itasca State Park




First of all, here is our baby waving hi to you! July 4th seems like a while ago. Rustin was up at the firehall for a pancake and sausage breakfast at 6:00. I went up to eat with him at 8:30. Then we went back at noon for lunch and at 12:30 we set up barricades for the parade. Rustin drove a big 4 wheel drive tractor with an applicator and anhydrous tank pulling behind. I pulled the classic "Hancock drum" with the city pick-up. My father-in-law says that it was in the parade when he was a kid. It was fun, but I hardly knew anyone on the sidelines. Vern, my boss, rode with me, and his grandsons threw candy from the back. We went to Rustin's aunt and uncles for supper and then went to the Community sing. (we watched) In the evening Rustin helped light the fire works. It was a nice 80 some degrees but this is what he looked like.
















I sat at the car and craned my neck to see the fireworks. Overall they were nice and loud. Since it is after the 4th my hours have been cut back to 7-12. Seems like my afternoons get filled with landscaping, garden stuff or other house chores. This past Friday and Saturday, Rustin and I took his parent's camper up to Itasca State Park and camped. This is where the Missisippi Headwaters are. It was very pretty. We also took our bikes and started down a 17 mile bike trail. 3 miles down we decided we had done enough hills so we headed back to our camp site. 6 miles was perfect for us.






On Sunday afternoon we went to Starbuck Beach for a picnic. Ginny Wulf and some girls from Gridley were up, as well as Curt and Norma Witzig and family. It was enjoyable to drive Brent's boat and to watch people freeze as they swam. This week is flying by, but as promised here is some pictures of our new landscape. To get the full picture, you'll have to come visit!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's great to hear some news, even if I'm a little late in checking it. :) Glad to hear life is a little 'slower' for you, Sharon. And I love the pic of Rustin in his fireman equipment...looks like a job I don't want. :) And the landscaping looks very nice!!! Love yous and miss yous!

~Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,
Enjoyed reading the news and I did enjoy the picture of Rustin in his fireman equipment. It sounds like you have been keeping busy. Say, your old Aunt and Uncle just rode our bikes up in Door County for 10 miles one day and 13 another. I wouldn't want to do that every day. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,
Enjoyed reading the news and I did enjoy the picture of Rustin in his fireman equipment. It sounds like you have been keeping busy. Say, your old Aunt and Uncle just rode our bikes up in Door County for 10 miles one day and 13 another. I wouldn't want to do that every day. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Aunt Karen